15 Reasons Why You Need Video
Video is no longer an “up-and-coming” marketing strategy. It’s here, and it’s the most powerful way to communicate to your customers, followers, fans, or users. With the rise in online video consumption, you can’t afford to be left behind. A recent statistic claimed that 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 would be video related content. It seemed a little far-fetched at the time. Nearly three quarters of all traffic? Really? Yet, as 2017 has breached our horizon it is clear that video is the preferred method for online communication, and frankly, we don’t see that changing anytime soon.
The question companies used to ask was, “Do we need a marketing video for our product (brand, message, launch, story, etc.)?”
The question you must ask now is, “How soon can we get a video?”
15 Reasons Why you Need Video
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- 54% of senior executives share work related videos with colleagues weekly.
- 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness.
- Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19%.
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful.
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds.
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
Why is Video so Engaging?
Whether you have a new product to launch, a service which needs explained, a brand to promote, a story to share, an initiative to advance, or a complex idea that needs distilled down, a video is the perfect way to quickly and concisely communicate that message. Videos combine audio, visual, and emotion to form an engaging medium that connects with people’s brains in a way that images and text alone cannot. When someone watches a video it allows them to perceive potentially complex information in a way that increases understanding. This is because you’re not only telling them, you’re showing them as well.
Videos are unique, engaging forms of media that attract an audience by combining visuals and audio in order to explain or share a concept or idea concisely, effectively, and memorably.
Start Thinking This Way About Video
If you haven’t been thinking about video until now, we suggest you start thinking about it this way: creating a video about your brand, product, service, or story is about building trust.
This is, in our opinion, the greatest reason why you need video.
#1 Reason: Video helps build trust and confidence.
The compelling statistics above exist for this reason alone. Trust generates sales. Trust generates loyalty. Trust generates followers. This should be your number one goal when creating a video: gain the trust and confidence of your customers, clients, and users.